Which items will add value to your home and help with resale when the time comes to sell?
The answer is: “Only the ones that future buyers will also want and be willing to pay for.”
As a general rule, choosing the functional over the merely cosmetic and choosing neutral over unusual or exotic will pay at resale. Taste and current trends can also affect the value of an update. Unusual colors have a limited appeal.
Which updates will add the most value to your home?
- Updates that increase usable space (an extra bathroom, larger and/or upgraded kitchen, master bedroom suite, more closet space, conversion of unused space to a home office).
- Updates that will lighten and brighten your rooms (white or light color paint)
- We are big fan of kitchen makeovers and can help you get one done on a budget! White cabinets and a backsplash can make a huge impact.
- Fixtures matter. Updating the lighting fixtures with something that is currently in style is a sure way to increase a buyers interest in your home. Not sure your know what that means, we can assist. We are more than happy to select fixtures that will have an impact and we can refer you to the right person to get them installed.
- Bathroom updates also go along way as well. It's amazing what an updated vanity and mirror can do. You can change out the vanity or have it painted. We can help you determine the best decision based on your goals and budget.
- Landscaping is another great place to update. Fresh flowers and bushes, freshly trimmed grass, clean flowerbeds make a big difference! We have a great crew we can refer you to if you would like the connection.
WE BELIEVE IT IS ALWAYS BEST TO TALK THROUGH WHAT YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT DOING WITH A REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL. WE KNOW WHAT SELLS. BEST TO PUT THE EFFORT AND MONEY TOWARDS WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE MOST RETURN ON INVESTMENT.